Some of the terms are borrowed from the pico peering agreement (https://www.picopeer.net/PPA-en.shtml)]
pplznet is being run by users. Together they form a community driven network. In order to get Internet connectivity supernodes and uplinks to upstream providers can be implemented.
- The node operator guarantees free data transit via its node
- The node operator guarantees not to
data passing its node in any way.
- The node operator submits to openly distribute all information necessary to interconnect with its node.
- This information has to be under a free / libre license.
- The node owner agrees to be contactable at least via email.
- The node owner agrees to give administrative access to the node to the elected cluster Administrators.
- The node owner agrees to give physical access to the node to the elected cluster Administrators if necessary.
- Administrators agree not to abuse that power.
- The node owner agrees to keep the node switched on and connected 24/7. Always up agreement.
- The node owner agrees not to disrupt the node in any way. Node downtime needs to be scheduled with the cluster board.
- When the owner discovers a problem with its node it agrees to inform the cluster board ASAP
- Planned downtime needs to be scheduled with the cluster board
- A withdrawing note to the cluster board is mandatory before decomissioning a node.
- optional. To be filled out by the node operator.